Scroll down for an exclusive July-only dental offer!
When was the last time you took your cat or dog to the vet for a dental check-up?
Unlike us, your pet can’t speak up if they have an achy mouth, so it is up to you to ensure your pet is not suffering from dental disease.
This role includes:
1) Ensuring your pet has a well-balanced, vet-approved diet. Soft, wet foods are extremely detrimental to your pet. They allow injurious levels of plaque and tartar to build up. Imagine what your pet would eat in the wild: tough and chewy foods that require ripping, tearing and chomping. It is vital that your pet’s domestic diet reflects this food for its natural cleaning properties. Ask us for advice.
2) Conducting regular at-home check-ups. Take a look under the hood (lip), you can assess the following signs for poor dental health:
- Bad breath – Smelly breath is not normal for your pet. If you notice a mouth odour, it could signify gingivitis infection and should be looked at by a vet immediately.
- Yellow teeth – Yellowness can indicate your pet isn’t chewing well enough and could be causing them underlying pain.
- Red gums or bleeding mouth – This is definitely not a good sign. Inflammation and infection of the gums can drastically affect your pet’s quality of life.
3) Brushing your pet’s teeth. This might sound a little wacky, but brushing your pet’s teeth is the first-rate way to ensure your pet has good hygiene. You will need: a) A pet, baby or finger toothbrush, b) A pet-only tasty toothpaste, c) some treats for extra encouragement, and d) A little bit of patience. Then:
- Ensure you and your pet are positioned comfortably with access to your pet’s teeth
- Lift your pet’s upper lip and begin to brush in a circular motion
- Brush where the tooth meets the gum line and also the very back teeth.
- Watch this video for more information
Regular vet check-ups. We cannot stress this enough: the more dental check-ups taken, the more at ease you will feel about your furry friend’s health and hygiene. If it has been more than a year since your pet’s last dental check-up, book an appointment now and take advantage of our special June-only dental offer!
EXCLUSIVE DENTAL OFFER
For the month of July, when you quote the promo code “HAPPYTEETH” when making a booking you will receive:
- A free dental consultation and assessment (valued at $83.80)
- PLUS the six screening radiographs used to assess dental issues as part of a routine scale and polish for the special price of $90 (normally $180)
- PLUS the full health check required for all patients before a routine scale and polish provided free of charge!
Offer ends July 31st, for more information call our friendly team on 03 9878 3033.
Terms and conditions: Offer only valid for bookings made between July 1st to July 31th, 2020. Clients must quote the promo code “HAPPYTEETH” at the time of booking in order to receive the offer. Special fees apply for routine scale and polish procedures and for screening radiographs. If your pet already has significant dental disease, these special rates may not apply. One of our veterinarians will thoroughly examine your pet and give you a detailed assessment to indicate what dental treatment (if any) is applicable.